Thursday 4 August 2011

Summer holidays and Job hunting

     Since Monday my summer holidays started. It means I have 2 months of not much to do. So I went to local job search center, called Hallo Work, and I must say, it is difficult to find anything. One reason is of course the language and another is actually the school. But at least I managed to find one job, I have never done before in my life and I applied for it. It is picking golf balls.  
(…much better than what I experienced in Prague, Czech – one of my jobs was picking dog poo from the streets. I managed only one day.)

     The job is in the early morning, from 5 to 7. So it won’t be affected by school time later on. And the money earned will pay for the food. So that would be great if I get it and later on I can still apply for evening job to make a bit more money, to cover the costs of my living here. Guys…. Japan is expensive, the Yen is so strong.

     So now I am waiting for the Golf Company to phone me.

     I also found out at Hallo Work, that there is evening Kanji course, a preparation for Japanese Language Proficiency Test, Level 4 (about 300 kanji), and it is for free.
So I applied for that too. 

     Interestingly, most of the people attending these kinds of courses are from Spanish or Portuguese speaking community, so no English. Actually that made me happier; at least I can practice Spanish again. (Que buena oportunidad.) 
 
     By the way, these free courses are quite rare here. So I feel very lucky to have such opportunity.

     And I might also start Japanese calligraphy with Mitsuyo. Looking forward for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment