Thursday 4 August 2011

Meeting with Yoshie and Trip to Kamakura

     Last weekend I met with Yoshie, my good friend who used to volunteer at Allanton. For those who know her, she is very well, enjoying her life. She is now a full time teacher at Primary school. Very hard job, but she is thinking to do some teachers course, to be able to teach music and piano at High schools in the future. 

     She came to visit us here and stayed one night. She brought lot of good information with her. First, finally I will be able to play with somebody. She has a concert in October for children at school, and she asked me if I am interested in playing there. There will be other concert in November, much longer one. So I am looking forward to play again with other musicians. 
 
       I am thinking about buying a cajon, a drum that looks like a wooden box. It is an instrument that would fit perfectly for me. And would bring some beat to the performance with Yoshie. 

      Secondly, there is a certain project with disabled children in her area. And they are looking for somebody to make it happened. They have good support from local council, and schools. They have been given some land, but they are not sure what to do. So Yoshie was thinking that I would be a perfect candidate for it. Cause it is pretty much exactly what we have been doing at Allanton.
     If it happens, I would be over the moon. Creating little Allanton and spreading Ania (an environmental project for kids) in Japan. Yeeeeeeeeeeah.....

Now I just have to lean this strange language. Gambarimasu (I will do my best)….

     It looks like Yoshie is my little guardian angel. She brought to me Mitsuyo, my girlfriend, and now this kind of opportunities. Good, good, what a great mission in life she has. To bring Stano good news all the time.

     Next day we went together to Kamakura. It used to be a capital of Japan. It has one of most famous statues of Buddha (we didn’t visit that place this time), and few famous temples and shrines with lovely lotus garden.
     It was nice rainy day close by the sea.  



 

     We visited also one temple that has a little bamboo forest with tea house, where we had nice bowl of matcha tea. Yummy yummy….





     And we had lovely Japanese lunch. The owner was half drunk, so it was quite funny too. We had all good chat and lot of laughter.



     All in all, it was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment