Tuesday 12 April 2011

Easy going days

     In past days, we had quite a few earthquakes. Some stronger then the others, but here in this area they are mostly soft ones. It is quite interesting to experience such a frequency of the Earth shaking.

     Because I am still waiting for the school to start, I had quite a bit of time, to wonder around  Atsugi. I visited few places, but actually there is not much to see here, apart from cherry blossom. Most of interesting areas are bit further from Atsugi. So this week I am planning to visit Iiama Kannon, 800 year old shrine. It is not so far away from where I live. Maybe one hour on bicycle. I will show you pictures later.

     Of course the most important thing here is Sakura blossom. People are outside under the cherry trees, playing games, chatting and having picnic. There is nice path, part of my cycling route to school, which has nice cherry trees too.


     I went for a walk along a river, just where I live. It is such a nice area. Have a look. Nice little gardens, with lot of flowers and vegetables, many many cherry trees and in the river I have seen some nice big fish too.




     And here is a little shrine on our street, I pass it almost every day. It has nice feeling.

   

     And of course, spring time also means one important thing.... planting. So we planted with Mitsuyo some Poppies, Mint, Lemon Balm and Wild Celery. Plus we bought small tomato plant, parsley and French lavender. So this is our little garden paradise at our small balcony.


     Well and other than this, I am discovering new foods, cause most of things here are slightly different. But I must say very very yummy. And the fish here...... wow....
     I am also learning little bit of Japanese, playing on guitar almost every day,
practising classical songs I used to play. I love those tunes. Bach, Mangore, Albeniz, Tarrega.....
And the guitar I play on is so nice. It has such a sweet sound. It was a present from Yoshie.

     Just few days ago I was honored. She asked me if they can play my music on Toru's funeral. I was very happy to hear that. I hope it helped people to calm down their emotions and took Toru to the skies. For those who never heard about Toru, he was a young man who recently committed suicide. He came to one of Allanton's summer flag ceremonies and helped us with preparation. He played there his song May Peace Prevail on Earth, in his special version.... heavy metal style.
He died two days after my arrival. Pity I didn't manage to meet him. At least I could give him wings with my music. Bye bye Toru.

     Life is a miracle. I love it for its beauty, for its mystery. And I am reminded every day, how fragile it is, since I arrived here. Make the most of it guys. This Earth is such a beautiful place. May Peace Prevail on Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment